Branford Public Schools will reopen tomorrow after having been off since last Friday, Feb. 8, due to the Blizzard of 2013. Superintendent Hamlet Hernandez just notified parents that, in addition to resuming normal operations tomorrow, school will also be in session on Tuesday, Feb. 19, which was scheduled to be part of a long Presidents' Day weekend.
"Our buildings have been cleared and deemed safe for resuming school," said Hernandez's email. "Although the weather forecast calls for snow, the District anticipates school being open."
Hernandez encouraged parents to monitor the AlertNow system regarding any updates.
In addition to making Tuesday, Feb. 19 a regular school day (a full explanation of the calendar breakdown is in the attached letter), Hernandez said that the elementary school conferences – originally scheduled for Feb. 12 – will be held on Feb. 26. Feb. 26 will be an early release day for the elementary schools only.
More on the Blizzard
- Branford Blizzard Update: Feb. 12
- Decision on Branford School Status to Be Made at 6PM
- Malloy: "We're Hardy Stock Here in Connecticut"
- Malloy Expresses Concern About Structural Safety After Rains
- Report: Private Plowers Charging Exorbitant Rates
- Are You Offering Plow Services in Branford?
- Ambulance Crashes on 95 in Branford Overnight
- Branford Winter Storm Update: Feb. 10
- How to Shovel Snow...Safely
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- PHOTOS: Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working
- Connecticut Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do Snowstorms Have Names Now?
- Thursday Blizzard Updates: Branford Schools Closed
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for Branford