The decision on whether to open Branford schools for Wednesday, Feb. 13, will be made at approximatelyr 6 p.m., according to a letter sent to parents from Superintendent Hamlet Hernandez (see PDF for full letter).
The 2012-13 Branford school calendar was designed to allow for 10 snow days – with today's closing, nine of those days have been used. After 10 days, days will be taken away from April break, which is scheduled for April 15 to 19.
Hernandez encouraged caution for the reopening of schools, saying "...it is imperative that we appropriately plan for and consider additional time to do our normal routine under less than ideal driving, walking and riding conditions."
Stay tuned to the AlertNow system and Branford Patch for updates.
More on the Blizzard
- Malloy: "We're Hardy Stock Here in Connecticut"
- Malloy Expresses Concern About Structural Safety After Rains
- Report: Private Plowers Charging Exorbitant Rates
- Are You Offering Plow Services in Branford?
- Ambulance Crashes on 95 in Branford Overnight
- Branford Winter Storm Update: Feb. 10
- How to Shovel Snow...Safely
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- PHOTOS: Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working
- Connecticut Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do Snowstorms Have Names Now?
- Thursday Blizzard Updates: Branford Schools Closed
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for Branford