Meeting in a Minute
- Branford Board of Education approves Virtual High School for 25 students next year ().
- Branford Early Childhood Collaborative presents grant funded program to complete a Comprehensive Community Plan for Branford children, birth to eight years old (follow-up story to come).
- Mary Grande appointed as new Board of Education member (video attached; interview with Grande to come).
- Branford Board of Education presents Capital Budget Proposal and five-year plan for 2012-16; five-year district request is $6,931,317 (see attached PDF).
- Five retirements were approved, which totaled more than 144 years of service combined in the school district.
- Superintendent Hamlet Hernandez announced that he had concluded his survey of the as a possible new home for the office. He will present a plan to the BOE next and estimates that renovation costs will be under $1 million (follow-up on approval for move to come).
- A committee will begin interview process for two elementary school principals starting in March; application acceptance closed on Feb. 11 (follow-up story on the committee interview process to come).