The Board of Selectmen May 18 meeting also brings contention from Wayne Cooke during public comment time.
- The recommendation from the Select Committee on Open Space Acquisition for the town to take a land donation of 1.3 acres at 30 Piscitello Drive was accepted pending review from the Representative Town Meeting. The next RTM meeting will be June, 8 at the Canoe Brook Senior Center at 8 p.m.
- Six land parcels along Double Beach road owned by Hospice were approved by the BOS for tax abatement.
- Branford Finance Director Jim Finch was appointed as the liaison to handle the Connecticut Neighborhood Assistance Act for Branford. The act requires all non-profit applications by Friday, May 27. There will be a follow-up story on this program on Monday, May 23.
- Leno Torelli was appointed Dockmaster for the 2011 Boating Season. Dockmaster handles and is not to be confused with Harbor Master, which has jurisdiction over .
- Green use approval accepted for:
’s KickNick (picnic and football) on June 26, July 26 and Aug. 23 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Graduation on June 22 (evening)
- Chet Blomquist, C0-Chair of the Branford arm of the Shoreline Greenway Trail and longtime environmentalist received the honor having June 4 become ‘Chet Day.’ The BOS also approved to name the pond on the Tabor property ‘Chet’s Pond.’
- Branford Art Baker was appointed Tree Warden and will fill a vacancy on the Community Forest Commission.
- Re-appointments to committees include:
Deborah Witten and Mary Donaruma for terms to expire December 21, 2015.
Darlene Zimmerman for term to expire February 28, 2014.
Community Forest Commission
Chris Woerner for term to expire January 20, 2013; Pam Rackliffe and Shirley McCarthy for terms to expire January 30, 2014.
- Appointments included:
Charles R. Andres to fill vacancy of Michael Laudano until October 31, 2014
The appointment of Robin Sandler to replace Charles R. Andres until October 31, 2012 was referred on an objection from Second Selectman Francis Walsh that Robin Sandler, a republican, would be replacing Andres, an unaffiliated.
- Public comment brought some contention from resident regarding his belief that Costco was interested in building on his land but changed their mind after a discussion in Town Hall. More to come when/if this story develops.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now