April 15 is the deadline for all interested applicants to apply for the two open police officer positions with . Download the application and hiring brochure attached to this story.
Branford Police Department is seeking candidates for the position of lateral entry (which means a move to Branford from another police department) or new recruit police officers. Applicants must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Connecticut POSTidentification with at least two years experience and a valid driver’s license. Please see other requirements below. The salary is $49,360-$63,900 (overtime and educational incentives are available).
Currently, the Branford Board of Police Commissioners report there have been 45 applicants including three lateral candidates.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Have a valid Connecticut POSTCidentification with at least 2 years experience
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Be able to pass examinations that include written, oral, physical agility, polygraph, psychological and medical along with an intensive background.
- Must be a non-smoker.
- April 15, 2012
- Applications can be obtained at the Branford Police Department, 33 Laurel St, Branford, CT 06405, or downloaded here. If you need further information call 203-481-4241.
Important Dates for Applicants:
- Sunday – April 15, 2012: Application Deadline
- Friday – April 27, 2012: Written Exam (evening)
- Saturday – April 28, 2012: Physical Agility Exam
- Monday – Friday May 7-14, 2012: Oral Interview Exam (1 hour interview on scheduled day)
- May 21 – June 8, 2012: Polygraph and Psychological Assessment (candidates will be notified of individual dates and times)
- Monday – Friday June 11 – 15, 2012: Medical Exam (Medical Assessment by Town’s Physician – candidates will be notified of individual dates and times)
- Thursday – July 5, 2012: Recruit Orientation
- Friday – July 13, 2012: Begin POST Recruit Academy Class for 22 weeks