WINTER SNOWSTORM UPDATE 2/10/13 3:00 P.M.
The Public Works Dept. is working diligently and will open all roads by this evening.
CL&P has restored almost all of the power to Branford. If you are still without power tomorrow you can call CL&P at
All Shelters have closed
The Superintendent of Schools has announced that all public schools will be closed tomorrow. (Monday)
The Town’s curbside collection has been suspended for Monday.
We are still requesting all residents voluntarily avoid parking vehicles in the roadway. If you must park in the roadway parking is allowed only on the odd side of the street. Violators could face up to a $90 fine and have their vehicle towed at their expense.
Tomorrow (Monday 2/11/13) there will be EMERGENCY NO PARKING ban on Main Street from Ivy St to Laurel St. beginning at 5:00am until 6:00 pm.
All town buildings and departments will be open Monday as normal.
*Buildings and Structures*
Those homeowners that have flat roofs should pay attention to ensure that the weight from snow and anticipated rain doesn’t compromise the roof. If you hear any abnormal noises from your roofs and ceilings please call 911.
Please visit the town’s website at www.branford-ct.gov andwww.branfordpolice.com for other storm related information.
Any further inquires can be addressed to:
Captain Geoffrey Morgan, Patrol Commander / P.I.O.
More on the Blizzard
- How to Shovel Snow...Safely
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working
- Connecticut Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do Snowstorms Have Names Now?
- Thursday Blizzard Updates: Branford Schools Closed
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for Branford