The following is the Town of Branford's blizzard update from Feb. 12, which includes the cancellation of schools tomorrow, Feb. 13. As stated in Superintendent Hamlet Hernandez's letter earlier, this is the last allotted day before days are removed from April vacation.
The Public Works Dept. continues to work diligently to clear all roads and have made significant progress today and will continue their efforts this evening. Please be aware that as the roads are widened, snow from the plow will be deposited back into the end of your driveway, this is not intentional but, is unavoidable. Please do not shovel or throw snow into the street as it creates significant traffic hazards. Due to the large piles of snow at intersections please use extreme caution when pulling out of the intersections. Please do not let children play in or on the snow piles, equipment operators cannot see them and therefore can be extremely dangerous.
We are also asking for your assistance, if you have a fire hydrant on or next to your property please clear the snow so it could be located quickly in the event of an emergency.
Septic Pumpouts / Fuel Deliveries
Please be advised that if you are scheduled for a septic pump out or oil delivery it is the homeowner’s responsibility to ensure that the companies can access your tanks.
The Superintendent of Schools has announced that school will be cancelled on Wednesday 2/13/2013.
All collections this week will be suspended until next Tuesday. The Transfer Station will be open Wednesday for regular hours.
We are still requesting all residents voluntarily avoid parking vehicles in the roadway. If you must park in the roadway parking is allowed only on the odd side of the street. Violators could face up to a $90 fine and have their vehicle towed at their expense.
All town buildings and departments are open as normal.
Buildings and Structures
Those homeowners that have flat roofs should pay attention to ensure that the weight from snow and any additional snow doesn’t compromise the roof. If you hear any abnormal noises from your roofs and ceilings please call 911.
Please visit the town’s website at www.branford-ct.gov and www.branfordpolice.com for other storm related information.
More on the Blizzard
- Decision on Branford School Status to Be Made at 6PM
- Malloy: "We're Hardy Stock Here in Connecticut"
- Malloy Expresses Concern About Structural Safety After Rains
- Report: Private Plowers Charging Exorbitant Rates
- Are You Offering Plow Services in Branford?
- Ambulance Crashes on 95 in Branford Overnight
- Branford Winter Storm Update: Feb. 10
- How to Shovel Snow...Safely
- Malloy Says Snow Cleanup Will Take a 'Number of Days'
- PHOTOS: Branford Among Highest Snow Totals
- Don't forget how hard your plow guys are working
- Connecticut Travel Ban in Effect as of 4PM
- Winter Storm Safety for Pets
- Why Do Snowstorms Have Names Now?
- Thursday Blizzard Updates: Branford Schools Closed
- Patch's Poll: Are You Prepared for the Blizzard?
- Blizzard Watch Issued for Branford