BRANFORD AND GUILFORD CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE ANNOUNCE MERGER
The Guilford and Branford Chambers of Commerce have announced that the two organizations will merge effective January 1, 2014. The new merged entity will be called Shoreline Chamber of Commerce; Guilford and Branford Alliance. The merger was approved by the Boards of Directors and Membership of both organizations.
This merger is coming at a time when both the Guilford and Branford Chambers are growing in membership and are in excellent financial condition. The combined Shoreline Chamber of Commerce will be a stronger organization and increase the scope of benefits to all Chamber members.
This proactive move will allow members to double their audience, double their market and provide enhanced networking opportunities. Members will be part to be a part of one of the larger non regional chambers in the state, meaning additional “voice” as well as legislative presence.
This will also give members the best of both worlds, a dedicated and combined Guilford and Branford staff with a physical presence in each town which will insure the preservation of each town’s identity while increasing Their exposure.
Combining two dynamic chambers will enable membership services to be enhanced.
· Offer businesses a larger market
· Create interest among larger employers in the area to join
· Enhanced technology
· Larger social media presence
· Opportunity to rebrand as larger more influential chamber
· Establish a near 700 member business organization
· Eventual gain of resources through economies of scale
· Stronger lobby/legislative presence
· Insuring that local community awareness is maintained within the new organization
· Wider networking opportunities
The new Shoreline Chamber of Commerce will be positioned to adapt to the changing business environment and support all members to in their efforts to be profitable, efficient and growing businesses.
For additional information contact Edward F. Lazarus @ 203-488-5500 or email@example.com or Janet Testa @ 203-453-9677 or