Temperatures are forecast to be slightly below normal for the rest of this weekend, and then to return to normal seasonal levels by early next week, according to the National Weather Service. At this point, no significant precipitation is forecast for the next few days.
Did you snap snow photos after the recent storm? Share them with your neighbors here! Featured photo courtesy of Steve from SAAC.
Cold Weather Dressing Tips from the Connecticut Department of Energy & Environmental Protection:
- Mittens provide more warmth to your hands than gloves.
- Most of your body heat is lost through your head so wear a hat, preferably one that covers your ears.
- Dress in warm layers so you can remove items if you get too warm.
- Recognize the symptoms of hypothermia that can be a serious medical condition: confusion, dizziness, exhaustion and severe shivering. Seek medical attention immediately if you have these symptoms.
- Recognize frostbite warning signs: gray, white or yellow skin discoloration, numbness, waxy feeling skin. Seek medical attention immediately if you have these symptoms.
- Wear waterproof, insulated boots to help avoid hypothermia or frostbite by keeping your feet warm and dry and to maintain your footing in ice and snow.
- Get out of wet clothes immediately and warm the core body temperature with a blanket or warm fluids like hot cider or soup. Avoid drinking caffeine or alcohol if you expect you or someone you are trying to help has hypothermia or frostbite.
The forecast for the rest of this week, and early next week, as of Wednesday afternoon, is as follows, according to the National Weather Service:
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 6 to 8 mph becoming west in the afternoon.
- Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18. West wind around 10 ph.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. West wind 11 to 17 mph with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.
- Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 37.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 20.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 38.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.