The 3 to 5 inches of snow expected to fall throughout this morning and into the late afternoon has led to a the closure of the Branford School District.
The winter weather advisory issued by the National Weather Service for East Haven and much of the rest of the region will remain in effect until 5 p.m.
Precipitation is expected to taper off during the first part of tonight's evening rush hour.
Share Your Snow & Holiday Photos
With the season's first significant snowfall draped over the shoreline's landscape, it's a perfect opportunity for taking photos!
So don't forget to share them in our Branford community photo gallery!
The upcoming forecast for the remainder of the week is as follows:
- Tonight - Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 18. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday - Increasing clouds, with a high near 31. West wind 9 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.
- Wednesday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Thursday - Sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night - Mostly clear, with a low around 16.
- Friday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night - Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Saturday - Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 39. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night - Rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Sunday - Partly sunny, with a high near 40.