Home Visitor Position
We are seeking qualified candidates to work directly with families enrolled in the program. Qualified candidates will visit eligible families enrolled in the program weekly, provide information and utilize highly regarded curricula to improve parenting skills and teach the families about child development.
The East Shore District Health Department (ESDHD) has received grant funding from the Department of Social Services (DSS) to provide a maternal/child health home visiting program using the Parent As Teacher (PAT) model in the Towns of West Haven and East Haven, Connecticut.
Minimum qualifications and requirements include the following:
- Home Visitors shall have an Associate’s Degree or equivalent.
- Home Visitors should have experience working with vulnerable children and families and be open to working with families of diverse backgrounds.
- Multilingual skills are preferred.
- Prior experience with a municipal and/or non-profit organization is desirable.
- Background check is required.
- Must possess and maintain valid driver’s license, working vehicle, registration and insurance as required by the state of Connecticut.
- May be required to obtain additional certification as a result of legislative requirements.
This is a contracted grant funded position for approximately two years.
Please submit resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or ESDHD, 14 Business Park Drive, Branford, CT 06405 ATTN: Human Resources. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins.