Adopt a Granny today and make a difference in your life and that of a neighbor. With just an hour or two per week you can be a friendly visitor, a shopping buddy or a reader for an elderly neighbor who is legally blind.
Requirements to be a great volunteer include:
• a desire to help others;
• a pleasant demeanor;
• a good reading/speaking voice;
• average reading skills;
• organizational or planning abilities;
• a good driving record;
• a clear criminal history;
• two references
• access to a car with proof of insurance;
• a minimum of $50/100k liability and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Volunteers will be matched within three to five miles of home