Today's HappeningsThere's an Oktoberfest Fun Run to Benefit Autism today beginning at 4pm at SoundRunner in Branford.
At 5:30pm, there's a Breast Cancer Awareness night at SeaGrass Grill featuring food, cocktails, manicures, hand treatments, and more. A portion of the evening's proceeds will benefit two deserving organizations: the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and Pink Hair for Hope. For reservations, call 203-315-3225.
The town's Economic Development Commission meets at 8am at Town Hall, Room 1019
The Board of Selectmen meet tonight at 6pm at the Fire Department headquarters.
The Board of Education meets tonight at the Walsh School.
What's the Weather?According to The National Weather Service website, the weather today in Branford will be some patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, it will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 67. Northeast wind 5 to 8 mph. In the evening, there will be a slight chance of showers after 3am. It will be mostly cloudy, with a low around
54. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
In Case You Missed ItSometimes life gets in the way of checking out the latest great local stories so in case you missed it, here's a recap:
- Connecticut Real Estate Market Best Since 2007
- Yale Professor Wins Nobel Prize for Medicine
- A Branford Man has been Arrrested in the Fatal Accident of His Wife
- Things Parents Should Know About the Silk Road Bust
- Violations Found in 20 Home Day Care Facilities
- Branford Man Arrested for Alleged Stalking a Former Date
- A Sound Choice Celebrates 15 Years in Business
- Not the same old stuff! Different and tasty Back To School breakfast ideas for your kids
Get Patched In...
- Create an event on our calendar.
- Hunt for that perfect job or discover your dream home.
- Share an announcement or photo on our Boards.
- Write a blog post as one of Branford's 'Local Voices.'
Share Your Favorite Saying or QuoteHere's one: “Parting is such sweet sorrow that I shall say goodnight till it be morrow.”
- William Shakespeare, Romeo and Juliet